Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Installing radiant heat floor in shop

arw01 wrote:

Tried.

Only 2 contractors in my area

One wants $7000 for materials and install + the concrete!
They bid $1500 for foam, pex, and mesh and I pick it up

Pex is $268 delivered on EBAY with a profit for the seller
Foam I am still priving but I have found the local wholesaler and they
don't recommend buying from the floor guys
Mesh or Rebar, i understand I can get rebar and tie it myself for less
than the mesh.

I have to find out how deep the pex is supposed to be now.

Second issue is contractor number 2 does not return calls.

That leaves me on my own to figure it out.

Looks like they have enough work or very big egos.

Good luck.

Lew