Posted to alt.home.repair
TakenEvent TakenEvent is offline

Default Varathane on top of oil polyurethane

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Ive dealt with Sherwin Williams and P&L for product failures and
warrantys, If there was a known issue it would be on the can and their
aplication warnings guides. If latex was an issue then what happened to
every home repainted and floors recoated with latex-water base that was
painted & floors done in oil when only oil was available, well nothing
happened, it works if prepped right, but many dont prep right.

Smart painters will prime with an oil-based primer before putting latex
paint on surfaces that were previously done in oil. Otherwise, it is simple
enough to continue using oil products over oil.

As for waterborne poly, I've only used it a couple of times, and those were
on unfinished surfaces and newly-stained surfaces. That is why I
recommended asking the manufacturer before using it over oil-based poly. I
much prefer oil-based polyurethane.