Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default cheap primer ok for garage?

Piece of trivia regarding Behr paint: Behr makes 2 primers for their latex
paints. One for glossy and one for flat paints. I called them up once and
they told me that the primer for glossy is actually superior and slightly
more expensive and can be used for flat paints too and they recommend it.
They sell the cheap flat paint primer to have a competitive product out
there and apparently it is good enuf for flat paint work.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just drywalled my garage and am ready to begin painting. I know I
need to use a primer first, but does it matter much if I use a cheap
primer? HD had glidden for about $35 for a pva primer...Kilz is about
$70 for 5 gallons buckets. I don't want to put something up that will
peel off with my final coat of regular paint.

I always thought Kilz was really for special cases (water damage..etc).