Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] thegusdog@adelphia.net is offline

Default kenmore washer drive coupler

Hello,

My Kenmore direct drive washer was not spinning but the pump was
working. The plastic part of the coupler was worn/stripped. The rest
of the coupler looked OK. I replaced the drive coupler and it ran for
a short while (less than one load) and then the same problem came back.
The plastic part of the coupler that attaches to the transmission was
completely worn/stripped.

I am not an appliance repairman so it's possible that I am doing this
wrong.

Is it possible that the transmission is on its way out? There is some
grease on the area surrounding the drive on the transmission.

Thanks,

Jack