Posted to rec.woodworking
The Other Funk The Other Funk is offline

Default Consumer Product Safety Comm. to discuss proposed SawStop technology safety rule

Finding the keyboard operational
Larry Blanchard entered:

The Other Funk wrote:

No it's not a someone else did it. It's an idea whose time has come.
No legislation is being pushed. Not by a long shot.
Your right to swing your fist stops at my nose and that is what we
are talking about. Why should I support your widow and kids because
you sliced your hand off when there is a safety device to prevent it?

OK, where do you stop?

Is it OK if I go skiing?

Is it OK if I ride my motorcycle or ATV?

Is it OK if I go trapshooting?

Is it OK if I take a bath?
(lots of accidents in bathrooms)

IOW, you're supporting the proverbial slippery slope.

It's ok by me for you to do all of the above. But if tomorrow someone comes
up with a way to keep all these activities fun and to keep you safer, I
would want you to use it. And if the government wants to make it manditory,
I would expect you to either write your senators and congressman.to protest
or not, as you wish.
BTW, I scuba dive. I make sure my gear is up to date and maintained. I also
follow all the proper procedures. I am not against activities that have a
risk associated with them, I just don't like cleaning up after people who
take irresponsible ones
Bob
--?
--?