Posted to uk.d-i-y
somebody somebody is offline

Default Stainless steel surface boxes?

In message , Piers Finlayson
writes

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
Piers Finlayson wrote:
I've put in a load of matt stainless steel sockets in my house - I
think they are these ones http://tinyurl.com/g2nzc.

Problem is, some of my sockets are mounted in white plastic surface
boxes because some of the walls are wooden.

I want to replace these with satin stainless steel boxes. Does
anyone know where I might be able to find these? I've drawn a blank.

Cheers,
Piers

Heh!

The boxes will be out of sight why cant you just use the normal galvanised
type?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

No, they boxes are not out of site, cos they're mounted directly onto the
wood itself. Using boxes like these http://tinyurl.com/s272w.

Is it a hollow wall? I'm confused (aren't I always?) by the "wooden
wall" description. If the wall is hollow you could probably use a dry
lining box. These allow you to retrofit a flush box into a hollow wall.
You can then add whatever face plate you wish.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...=16255&id=3696
0

Hth
Someone