Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikey S. Mikey  S. is offline

Default GE Silicone II

I don't know how common it is but I had the same experience, I bought 3
tubes of the same GE Silicone II , used 2 and saved one of them about a
year. It was hard to get out of the tube, lumpy, and never cured, I finally
gave up after a week, scraped it off the door frame I had caulked, washed it
with solvent, and recaulked with new caulking.

--

Mike S.

"Bart Byers" wrote in message
A year ago I bought a tube of Silicone II caulk for use with a caulk gun.
I found I didn't need it. It sat unopened in my house until a few days ago.

I had a pair of athletic shoes whose heels caved in after three days of
walking. The space under the inner sole was mostly voids. I figured I
could fix the shoes by filling the voids with Silicone.

Apparently the Silicone had gone bad. It took a lot of pressure to pump
it out of the tube, and in three days it hasn't cured.

Is that a common problem? Is there anything I can do to cure it?

The tube says GE will replace the Silicone if I send them the tube and
proof of purchase. That sounds like more trouble than it's worth.