Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] empress2454@wowway.com is offline

Default cheap primer ok for garage?

drywall primer is better, it's thicker and will coat in one shot
instead of needing multiple coats as it soaks into the drywall.

Empress2454 #124457

The best Games

I just drywalled my garage and am ready to begin painting. I know I
need to use a primer first, but does it matter much if I use a cheap
primer? HD had glidden for about $35 for a pva primer...Kilz is about
$70 for 5 gallons buckets. I don't want to put something up that will
peel off with my final coat of regular paint.

I always thought Kilz was really for special cases (water damage..etc).