Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
[email protected] empress2454@wowway.com is offline

Default installing slider window directly on concrete opening

Hmm, as I recall the wood frame was to hold back the cement when it was
poured. unless there is some code against it I would think the only
problem would be the difference in thermal expansion betwen the cement
and the nylon, whic is probably closer than between wood and nylon
anyway.

I would secure with tapcons (cement screws), they work great.

Empress2454 #124457

The best Games

I am enlarging my basement window by cutting a larger openning on the
concrete foundation (not too large to make it unsafe structurally). My
question is: is it necessary to install a wood frame using 2X6 ? or can
I install the vinyl window directly onto the concrete opening, using
shims, foam and insulation, etc ?

What does one need a wood frame ? And what is the best way to anchor
the window to the concrete ? nail gun, concrete screw, adhesive ?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.