Posted to alt.solar.thermal,uk.d-i-y
kd kd is offline

Default Suspiciously high and random solar water/pv claims at an Enviro Home showhouse.

"Jonathan" wrote in message
"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
So you'd need 24mē of roofspace for your 3kW,

That sounds perfectly reasonable. I'm surprised you can get so much from

small area.

middle of a hot sunny day, was making about 450W of non-storable

energy,
this is why I am skeptical about the 40%

450W would usually easily cover my electrical usage. Wouldn't help at
night, or for brief peak usage when the washing machine element fires.

It
would, however, cover my lighting and electrical goods.

Interesting - how many lightbulbs are you running between 10am-5pm during
bright sunny summer days?
You're right - it wouldn't cover even the spin cycle of the washing

machine.
It would run a pc and monitor though.

Now, there IS the possibility of "buy back" into the grid, which would

make
the whole thing much more effective, BUT the last time I could find any

info
on it (and info is scarce - any links appreciated!) the buyback tarrif was
very low, the interconnect expensive, and the wait time over a year.

I could be wrong, if so, correct me!

good energy provide a "buy back" without the need to have to "give it up"
They pay 4.5p/Kwh for total generation, that's not the difference between
what you make and what you use and what you sell.
http://www.good-energy.co.uk/