Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default wanting to build a shed (12x24) with dirt floor

On 11 Sep 2006 05:10:35 -0700, "
wrote:

You should check locally to see if there are any codes that you need to
meet. You also should consider the possible issue of moisture damage and
depending on your design, remember that building without a foundation,
especially in areas that freeze, is not a good idea.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I second and third that espically for such a large building!!!

Moisture is a problem with my shed and it has a concrete floor. I cant
imagine the rust with a dirt floor

If you dig out 3" of dirt, put in plastic, and rake the dirt back in,
ground-water is less of a problem.