michaeltcooper

Default Waste oil heater

Glad you found it useful. The Journey To Forever site is very helpful on
lots of stuff. Good links to tons of info on homebrew stills. I'm planning
to build a waste oil heater to fire an ethanol still to get 190 proof, uh,
fuel. (Personal distillation for internal consumption is illegal in the US.
Go figure - you can *legally* brew beer and wine (and drink it) but it's
illegal to extract the alcohol you have created... It is, however, legal to
extract alcohol for use as a fuel.

I haven't checked to see if waste oil is as readily available as it used to
be - I suspect that the Environazis make the typical oil change places
account for every drop.

Let us know how your project goes!

Coop

Michael,
That link to the Mother Earth article was very informative. Thanks for

posting
it. I am planning a new garage/workshop right now and this may be a great

way
to heat it.
Dennis

http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_...earth/me4.html