Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] toddhick@gmail.com is offline

Default wanting to build a shed (12x24) with dirt floor

i was thinking of 4 posts (one in each corner), is that too little to
be sturdy for this little outbuilding? i was thinking of pressure
treated 4x4's. if i do the 4 post thing, should i be considering
larger sized posts?

Bill wrote:
The shed will not last long if there is wood contacting the ground
(termites).

Then also if it is not well built, the first good wind to come along will
blow it down.

Building it so it will last a long time and withstand heavy winds seems
contrary to building it on the cheap if you ask me.

Anyway I suppose you can sink poles in the ground which all raise up to the
same height, then build your roof. And basically nail boards around the
sides (all level) going from the top down. Just nail more boards on the
side(s) where the ground is lower. Cut the last bottom boards so they have
an angle to match the ground. Make door with a bottom angle to match ground
level.

wrote in message
i want to build a wood shed for very little money, i have salvaged wood
from a garage that was needing torn down. Most of the wood is
salvageable, but not all. I am planning to make this shed on a dirt
floor.

However, the area i am going to put it on, is not flat.

i don't think the flatness would matter so much if i was going to put a
floor in it, because i could raise the floor above the ground on one
end.

How should i go about doing this? It will be constructed like a pole
building.