Posted to rec.woodworking
bob bob is offline

Default Cherry kitchen island...almost done (photos)

We went to a local stone guy on the weekend, and he let us bring home a
slab of beautiful granite to look at until Monday under the varying
light conditions. It looked really good, and I'll think we'll go that
route (1-1/4" thick).
It needs to be sealed a couple of times a year, but it's about a 5
minute operation, and is not much different from just wiping down the
slab.

Bob

Mapdude wrote:
Granite has to be sealed about once a year. Lots of maintenance that is
not needed with Silestone. We did the same thing about 3 years ago when
we gutted and remodeled the kitchen. Never fails to get compliments
when someone see's it for the first time.

Han wrote:
I forgot what the one possible drawback to granite was......