Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Andrews Paul Andrews is offline

Default shower pump installation - anti gravity loop

"Kevin" wrote in message
ups.com...
It's a real PIA when you've gone to bed only to realise that the kitchen

tap
is dripping *very* slowly and that pump will trigger during the night if

you
don't go back downstairs..

Damn, I wish I knew this yesterday. I've been in two minds all week
over whether to put the entire hot water supply onto the pump or just
put the shower & bath onto it and bypass the pump for everything else.
I've now started laying the pipework for the new shower and have gone
for the first option. I guess I'm going to have to make sure all the
taps are properly closed each night.

Never mind, the family will enjoy listening to it when you're doing the
washing up downstairs.. ;-)

(I'm only half joking). Seriously, think about trying to deaden the noise
from this beast. Our whole house is powered
by this pump, not because I asked for it, but because it made the plumbers
life easier..

Paul