Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Glue Suggestions to attach rubber feet to a laptop.

wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Michael Kennedy wrote:

but you're not talking about rubber cement are you?
That stuff doesn't seem like it would hold anything.

No, Contact Cement. Its used to glue formica to countertops but you
can buy a two ounce bottle with a brush a lot of places.

Are there any non-exotic contact cements that aren't rubber based?

If this question is in reference to his comment about rubber cement,
it is used as a temporary mount for hand layout of items for printing.
It is also used as a peelable adhesive for layout work for prototypes.
Draw or print it on a sheet of paper, glue it to the wood or metal and
cut along the lines, or drill the marked holes. When you finish, it
peels off and any bits left behind are easily rubbed off with a
fingertip or a soft pink eraser.

As far as the composition of Contact Cement, I haven't looked at the
label for years, but I've used it for 40 years. If you're interested,
look up the MSDS for the brand in question. Anything in production is
usually available online. I really don't feel up to dragging myself out
to the shop in the middle of the night to see what brand I have right
now.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell