Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle Christian McArdle is offline

Default When to lay the floor tiles and shower trays on a solid floor.

Firstly, in the bathroom, is it better to lay the floor tiles before
fitting the toilet and hand basin, then sit them on top of the tiles?
(I have a solid floor)

Absolutely. Definitely install the tiles first. Doing it afterwards looks
like a bodge and is far more difficult, too.

I don't really want to raise the tray, so can I just chisel out the floor
to accommodate the waste pipe?

That depends on the floor construction. You may find you are digging through
the DPM, which would be a bad thing.

Christian.