DanG

Default Grinding Wheels

ROTFLMAO

greatest line yet. When I am setting up one of my "don't ever let
me see you doing this" stunts, one of my co workers usually says,
let me go dial 9, 1; so all we need to do is dial that last 1.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
gy.com...
Do you have a video camera? The tape might help pay medical

bills.

"Jamrelliot" wrote in message
Do any of you metalworkers know where I can get low cost

grinding wheels,
5/8"
arbor, 1/4 and 1/2"thick, 6 or 8" diameter? Wheels need to be

this thin so
as
to get the washers and nut back on the arbor. Also to grind a

groove into
the
1/2 - 3/4" round and flat high carbon steel.
I'm trying to make some woodworking tools on an old 10"

tablesaw. Sort of
use
it as a surface grinder. Cut a groove into an oak 2 X 4, embed

and hot
melt
glue the stock into this and slide it back and forth over the

wheel and
slowly
raise the wheel. I'll stand in back of the saw, not in front.
Is this idea worthwhile or is it too dangerous? I would

appreciate any
guideance. I think it would be fun and save money at the same

time.

TIA
Jim