Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default wanting to build a shed (12x24) with dirt floor

wrote in message
ups.com...
i want the building to be on the ground, but it can't be both plumb and
level, if it's touching on uneven ground.

You just set the posts and build down until you get to the ground.
At least that is how my barn is built.
As long as the posts are all plumb, the ground doesn't matter much.

i'm not concerned if there are humps on the floor inside the buidling
after its' up, so long as it's structurally sound.

does that make any sense?

Toller wrote:
My barn floor is dirt, and it is both sloped and uneven. Doesn't seem to
be
a problem at all.
What issues do you see?

wrote in message
ups.com...
i want to build a wood shed for very little money, i have salvaged wood
from a garage that was needing torn down. Most of the wood is
salvageable, but not all. I am planning to make this shed on a dirt
floor.

However, the area i am going to put it on, is not flat.

i don't think the flatness would matter so much if i was going to put a
floor in it, because i could raise the floor above the ground on one
end.

How should i go about doing this? It will be constructed like a pole
building.