Posted to alt.home.repair
trbo20 trbo20 is offline

Default Varathane on top of oil polyurethane

Researching what products
may be used together, or over any given substrate, is an important part the
homework necessary before beginning any job. You do it your way, I'll
continue to do my homework and do things the correct way.

That was the thrust of my question. You wouldn't try to put peanut
butter on top of your jelly ... I do appreciate any tips on prep,
however.

My fear was that the manufacturer might fudge the truth and tell you to
do it when it's not the best idea. I could still easily more oil if
that's better. I just wanted to skip the dry time and was hoping for
some real world experience to back me up.

Thanks for the discussion.