Posted to alt.home.repair
TakenEvent TakenEvent is offline

Default Varathane on top of oil polyurethane

"m Ransley" wrote in message
lightbulb , Latex failures of peeling and cracking are due to poor
bonding, due to lack of proper prep. This means a very clean degreased
and dulled surface is required to have proper adhesion. So common it is
for a painter to not clean oils that have imbedded in paint from years
of being touched by hands, and not properly sanding then, blame the
Paint to get out of their liability. Show me where the major paint
manufacturers follow your fear, they dont, they specify proper prep as
that is paints regular failure to bond. You realy need to learn about
paints before making wrong statements

Coatings failures are also due to an incompatible product being used over a
given substrate. What you call "proper prep" is no match for chemistry. I
guarantee you that I have the facts and the experience on my side. Sanding
and cleaning are a given when doing prep work. Researching what products
may be used together, or over any given substrate, is an important part the
homework necessary before beginning any job. You do it your way, I'll
continue to do my homework and do things the correct way.