Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clogged toilet drain

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
.. .

The plumber removed the toilet and yet did not clean the drain?
CY: That's the story I'm getting.

I'd rent a power auger. Most are 50' so you can get to where the clog
really is. I have no idea what the crystals may be. Pouring acid
probably
will do nothing but cause irritation when you finally clean the drain
the
right way. Acid has to sit on the clogging material to work properly
and it
may never reach it.
CY: If the drain runs slowly, the acid would run through the pipe
slowly. But, still, that might clog things the rest of the way. Wonder
what they cost to rent. Or maybe Harbor Freight has a cheap one to
purchase outright.

Remove the toilet and use the auger. I'd also clear the tub and sink
drains
too. They may not be the culprit today, but could be soon.
CY: The sink drain is total clog, the trap is clear. And the tub
drain, well, who the heck knows? The tub is probably next problem.
Pulling the toilet isn't a lot of fun, but definitely can be done.
Thanks for the advice.