Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default Central Heat / Air Question

Scott wrote:

Hi all,

Upon arrival at my home I noticed the digital thermostat for my a/c / heat
unit was blank (no reading). Upon removal of the digital thermostat I
notice there is no power to any of the wires leading up to the thermostat.
There is power to the a/c unit itself, but not to the thermostat. Any ideas
why?

TIA,

Tim

If there really _is_ no power on the leads (which would NOT normally
result in a blank thermostat -- that's more likely dead batteries),
then (more or less in order of probability):

popped fuse or breaker
failed transformer
failed wiring (e.g. rodent gnawing)