Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Clean Oven Glass?

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:43:12 GMT, Dan wrote:

Hi,

I have a toaster oven with baked on grease on the glass door. I tried
soaking a piece of paper towel in Ammonia and placing it over the grease
stains overnight, but it did nothing. What next?

Thanks,
Dan

My mother ruined a toaster oven trying to clean it. Here's what you
can do:

Carefully remove the glass, spray it (outside) with oven cleaner
standing upwind, wait 15 minutes, brush using a toothbrush, then rinse
with cold water. Repeat the procedure if needed. Wear rubber gloves,
old clothing, and eye-protection. Do not attempt to use oven cleaner
inside the toaster oven.