Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 1 11/16"

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:32:15 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
.. .
Tip of the day

When setting the tablesaw fence to 1 11/16", use the first little line
before 1 3/4" Don't use the line just before 1 1/2.

You're welcome

We are the only country in the world (except Albania?) that might have this
problem.

Maybe in terms of fractions, but I suspect an equivalent screw-up can
occur by picking the wrong division between two numbers in any measurement
system being employed.

BTW, I discovered that my my Freud tablesaw blade is capable of milling
soft steel this weekend. Hint: When making shallow cuts using a tennoning
jig, make sure that your tennoning jig has a sacrificial spacer if your
tennoning cut will be less than 1/8" (3.1 mm). I now have a nice 1 1/2"
radius arc on the face plate of mine. It took a moment for me to realize
a) the cut was getting awfully hard and b) I was getting sparks from my 8/4
cherry piece

After the initial, "what the ...?" and questioning my lineage and
intelligence, a quick check of the blade and pieces indicated that, with
the exception of my now 1/4-mooned jig face, all equipment and project
pieces were fine.