Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default 1 11/16"

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
Tip of the day

When setting the tablesaw fence to 1 11/16", use the first little line
before 1 3/4" Don't use the line just before 1 1/2.

Just use cheaper wood, then it won't ever happen.

As an aside, and on the same theme ... today I batch cut all the frame chair
parts for six chairs (about $300 worth of QSWO), you see below without once
using a tape measure or ruler of any type:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/Chairparts.JPG

The saws were all setup with "story stick" parts from the prototype chair
saved specifically to use for machine setup so that there would be no
measuring errors in either dimension or angles.

.... the only way I can get around the fact that I am a dummy with a tape
measure more often than not.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/06