Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks Sparks is offline

Default When to lay the floor tiles and shower trays on a solid floor.

Me again...

Firstly, in the bathroom, is it better to lay the floor tiles before fitting
the toilet and hand basin, then sit them on top of the tiles?
(I have a solid floor)

Secondly, still in the bathroom, I want to install a shower cubicle in my
bathroom with a solid floor.
I don't really want to raise the tray, so can I just chisel out the floor to
accommodate the waste pipe?
(although this room is on the ground floor, there is a height difference of
about a foot between the bathroom floor and the patio outside, so running
the waste lower then the bathroom floor level is not an issue)

Thanks!

--

Sparks...