Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Microwave knocks out

It's a moot point in your case. All electrical devices like outlets and
switches are rated by the voltage and amperage they are limited to carry.
Most 15 amp outlets, including GFCI type are rated for 20 amp pass through
as they are often wired daisy chained. You would recognize a 20 amp outlet
two ways. One is that it would say 20 amp on it and second, it would have
one straight vertical slot and one sideways T slot, where a 15 amp outlet
would just have two vertical slots

"Anthona" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
the gfci may be rated higher than the breaker, otherwise it would act
like a breaker anyway.

check the rating on the GFCI

trip the GFCI and see what else doesn't work in the house (it should be
limited to the kitchen)

Empress2454 #124457

The best Games

Anthona wrote:
My microwave is on a separate circuit with a outlet ( the type name
escapes me )...something fault or whatever. its white with a black and
red button. The specs of oven is 700watts, 120 v ac 60 hz, 10 amps.
Today, as reheating on high for 2 and 1/2 minutes, it conked out. This
never happened before. I pressed both buttons on the outlet which did
not seem to have any effect, so i had to go to the basement and reset
the fuse. Is there something wrong with the oven or the circuit?

How does one check the rating of a GFCI?