Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthona Anthona is offline

Default Microwave knocks out

wrote:
the gfci may be rated higher than the breaker, otherwise it would act
like a breaker anyway.

check the rating on the GFCI

trip the GFCI and see what else doesn't work in the house (it should be
limited to the kitchen)

Empress2454 #124457

The best Games

Anthona wrote:
My microwave is on a separate circuit with a outlet ( the type name
escapes me )...something fault or whatever. its white with a black and
red button. The specs of oven is 700watts, 120 v ac 60 hz, 10 amps.
Today, as reheating on high for 2 and 1/2 minutes, it conked out. This
never happened before. I pressed both buttons on the outlet which did
not seem to have any effect, so i had to go to the basement and reset
the fuse. Is there something wrong with the oven or the circuit?

How does one check the rating of a GFCI?