Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default single or double pole switch for 240V baseboard heater

HeatMan wrote:

I am happy as (insert expletive here) that you are NOT my landlord.

You've asked nearly the exact same question three times. You must be a real
cheap person.

FWIW, back when I rented, I (as the tenant) was responsible for the
utilities.

" wrote in message
oups.com...

Greetings,

Part A:
I have 240V baseboard heaters with the termostat inside the heater. I
want to put wall switches in the same place as the light switches so
that I can turn off the heaters when I leave the room without getting
down on the ground to adjust the thermostat. I know that a single pole
switch will work but I wanted to know if there was any reason the code
required a double pole switch? Thanks!

Part B:
The baseboard heaters are 2000W. If I put 2 of them on the same 20A
circuit I am at 83% of the rated breaker capacity (I am using standard
Siemens breakers). Do I really need to put each one on its own
breaker?

Thank you for your time,
William

He's probably too cheap to convert that apartment to separate metering
so the tenant can pay for the electricity, and would then also have an
incentive not to waste it.

Or, maybe he's renting an "illegal apartment" in an area zoned only for
single family housing and can't do that. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)