Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default any special jaws or centers needed?

Hi again, Emily, Bruce and I gave you conflicting and confusing advice
re spur centers for driving very tiny spindles. We aren't really that
far apart. I fully agree that a spur will work and may be all you need.

I had assumed that your spindles are end grain. I don't know why or if
its even true, but I find (believe?) that somehow compressing the driven
end of a tiny end grain spindle blank makes the turning go easier.
(ain't I scientific?) Same with little or no tailstock pressure. Some
turners even pull on the blank's tail.

Turn a blank to fit into the headstock spindle's taper and knock it
snug. Then compare this with using a spur center. If no difference,
permission to forget about it.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter