Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Water wheel wood?

Sun, Sep 10, 2006, 11:15am (Bill*Stock) doth query:
What kind of wood for a water wheel, Cedar? It has to be non toxic, as
I'll have fish in the water.
Also the pictures I've seen, seem to have the sides built of 4 larger
pieces, ie. plywood. I can't see plywood holding up for long, even if
it's marine plywood.

If it's gonna be constantly wet pine'll work.

Plywood? If I was gonna make a wheel to do actual work I might
well use plywood, but if it was just for purty, no. Hmm, probably
wouldn't make one for purty even, if I was gonna make any "yard art" I'd
rather make pukey yard ducks.

Actually, if I was gonna make a wheel for real work it'd probably
have a steel frame, possibly with bolt-on wooden paddles - depending on
what it would be used for.

JOAT
I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn
well they're after me.