Dan Caster

Default How straight are drilled holes? Was Need to drill 1" deep .138 hole Thank you!

My question was a lot more specific than how high is up. From the
various answers others have given it looks as if somewhere about .004
or .005 is reasonable for a drilled hole. Straighter than that and
one should plan on some other method of making the hole.

Dan

Gary Coffman wrote in message
On 2 Jan 2004 10:31:04 -0800, (Dan Caster) wrote:
So my question is when drilling a 1" deep .138 hole, how much should
one expect the far end of the hole to be from the ideal?

I'm afraid your question is in the form of "how high is up?" There really
isn't any single hard and fast number that will answer your question.

Gary