Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Fan Flue Gas Fires - Can it go in a chimney ?

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 13:29:50 -0700, PhilJ wrote:

We have an Ashleigh Fan Flue Gas Fire that we have taken out of a room
- that had a hole through the wall and fan assisted bits and pieces
through the wall.

Doe anyone know if this can be fitted in a room with a traditional
chimney - without the outside wall stuff.

Typically these are designed to vent through the back of the unit to
outside air. There are models which can run the pipes sideways to the
front or back of the house, again to outside air.