Posted to alt.home.repair
tenplay tenplay is offline

Default Best way to store old ceder shake roof shingles?

We just had our cedar shake roof replaced with 40 yr composite. So we
have a large amount of old cedar shingles for our fireplace. Right now
they are in an unsightly pile on the side of the house. We have limited
covered space under the deck but it is bare dirt floor. Also I have a
tool shed where I store the mower and other yard tools. I could move
those into the garage temporarily. We live in the rainy NW so it would
be important to keep the shingles covered. Also I am concerned the old
shingles will attract insects and critters. Thanks for any advice.