Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lee Lee is offline

Default Generic DVD writer DD1203 16X

wrote:
Ok. so this is playing DVD's and reading CD's and all but all of a
sudden will not burn with Nero or any other program. My secondary wont
burn as I have set it to slave (which I will set to master in a few
seconds) but, how do I fix the Master? It sounds like it is trying to
burn then it sounds like it starts all over....almost sounds like the
track is stuck and will not continue to burn because it is stuck....I'm
looking into if I have a warranty with staples for this piece of
junk....uh...it's only junk cause it isn't doing what it is supposed to
do...hahaha....

If anyone can help....I'd greatly appreciate it...OH..Yes I have
cleaned it with compressed air and a cd cleaner....

NO...I have not ripped it open to see if there is dust collected on the
track...why? cause the sticker on there says "void warranty if torn"
and well, like I said...I'm hoping I bought warranty on it....

Thanks in advance....

If it's under warranty, why not just take it back?

And, you can burn to either master or slave. You have a choice in the
software.
BYW, there is no physical 'track' inside the machine.

Regards
Lee