Posted to uk.d-i-y
mikey mikey is offline

Default shower pump installation - anti gravity loop

Paul Andrews wrote:
"Kevin" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am about to install a Salamander ESP100CPV shower pump. The easiest
place for me to put it is in the airing cupboard above the Hot Water
Cylinder. The intructions indicate that I can do this as long as I fit
an anti-gravity loop at least 250mm in depth.

OK, all well and good but at the risk of sounding foolish, is this
something I can buy ready made or do I need to construct one ? If the
latter, what is the best way of doing this in 22mm copper, I don't have
a pipe bender. I guess what I'm really asking is will there be any
problem if I form one out of short straight pieces of pipe with 2x
90degree elbows ?

Thanks.

I'll be interested to know how yours is once you've fitted it. Ours was just
put onto the floorboards and consequently these act like a sounding board -
it is very noisy. One day I'll try and build an insulation box.

At times I could take a hammer to the unit. It is very sensitive to the
slightest drip, which will provoke the pump into action periodically. Unlike
it's predecessor, I assume it triggers when the pressure in the pipework
drops below a certain amount. Our old pump required a certain amount of flow
before triggering.

It's a real PIA when you've gone to bed only to realise that the kitchen tap
is dripping *very* slowly and that pump will trigger during the night if you
don't go back downstairs..

Arghh!!

Paul