Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob M. Bob M. is offline

Default Drywall screws

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
For now I prefer using drywall screws for securing drywall to the studs.
I'm not proficient enough with a hammer to not beat the crap out of the
nail or drywall. But the only thing I've seen that causes a problem with
drywall screws is their tendency to push through the paper and dig into or
through the drywall.

There are actual drywall screwdrivers that look and act much like a drill
with a screwdriver bit, the only real difference is that to engage the chuck
on a drywall screwdriver, one must push on the unit. Let go & it stops
spinning the screw.