Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remove one section concrete sidewalk?

wrote in message
oups.com...

I had a couple sections replaced over 10 years ago when the sewer
authority replaced the main in front of my home and accidently damaged
the last section of my sidewalk.

sewer folks paid for one I paid for another, it was badly cracjed they
ALL look great today. color didnt match initially but over ther years
its much less noticeable.home built in 1950...

it was well worth the little it cost at the time.

our old home had one bad section that was replaced when I was a kid
near 50 today.
just drove by there last week the entire sidewalk is fine.

so sectional replacements do work.

On properly laid sidewalks. yes. Just driving around as they finish up
street repair season around here, and seeing how thin ,edge to edge, a lot
of the curb'n'sidewalk patches they are putting in look, not so sure about
the future. I almost never see staked steel forms any more- just hammer out
the busted parts, puddle some stiff crete in there, and trowel by eye to
match the neighboring sections. Walking around the old parts of town, the
original slabs usually look better than the patches.

aem sends...