Posted to alt.home.repair
LARRY LARRY is offline

Default Small Engine Repair - advice

Hello
I have read every word typed in here today.As it happens I am a certified
master small engine technician from Canada.CUDOS to your daughter,and your
family.
DO NOT ENTERTAIN ANY IDEA OF LETTING AN 8 YEAR OLD FIDDLE WITH ANY SMALL
ENGINE.
As the person above me stated,engines can and will kick back.ALL newer
engines will still have spark
since there are no points to set in the new ignition system,that is a very
dangerous situation for anyone even a trained professional.Blades,pulleys,
rope for recoils,springs,can accidentially fly off and hit you in the eye
or fly out of its housing causing great personal damage.

If your daughter is earnest and YOU AS THE PARENT must be as well you must
start by enrolling in a night school course for hands on training,before
any attempt at being a mechanic.
If ther is anything I can add please feel free to email me at

ACE SMALL ENGINE SERVICE INC.

MSPEM.mASTER sMALL POWERED EQUIPMENT MECHANIC.