Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Mini Stereo Problem

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 17:20:11 GMT, "Homer J Simpson"
wrote:

:
:"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
m...
:
: Yeah - except your encoder isn't optical, just metal "feelers" which make
: and break contact as they pass over the internal contacts in a circular
: motion. The contacts get tarnished from their silver content, thus the
: intermittent operation.
:
:In which case the cheap / easy fix is to spin it a lot.
:

It seems very much like when I spin it not very quickly it works fine.
It's when I try for a quick change in volume that it tends to slip. I
suppose it will only get worse over time. I presume there's no chance of
rejuvenating the current encoder, eh?

: