Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default RPTV HV Splitter / Focus Combo Block Replaced...

wrote:

Greetings,

I just replaced a the failed (shorting) HV Splitter / Focus Combo block
in my LXI RPTV. The original was a Sanyo 220493-3 and I replaced it
with the 4835 310 57402 HV/FOCUS COMBO BLOCK KIT.

After replacement the TV makes a buz (seems to come from the three
tubes, but I'm not sure) that sounds a bit like shorting high-voltage.
On power-up the screen pulses blue and blue/green and eventually the
tubes turn off (the TV remains on). Occasionally I can see arcing in
the base of the tubes.

Any ideas on what could be wrong still - on what to check first?

Thanks,
~Aaron

i think you better check your connections on that focus network, it
sounds to me that you have done something very wrong and maybe even
have shorted the tubes by now..
there should be if things haven't changed over the years aprox 5k
volts for the focus.
if your seeing this arcing in all three tubes i don't think you
should be applying power to the unit until you get focus network corrected.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5