Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe Andy Cuffe is offline

Default Tektronix TDS210

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 15:05:48 -0400, "gorehound"
wrote:

I have a Tektronix TDS210 that powers up, the bakclight and the display seem
to work, but I dont get anything on the display. I got this from work and it
was given to me because it is said to be unecconomical to repair. The
calibration place said it needs a new board (I assume the mainboard) and it
would be about 600.00. I don't have another scope to check it out with but
was wondering if anyone has seen the same problem and might know what would
fix it (component level). I don't have a schematic for it either but that
would help too if someone knows where to find one.

Thanks

I would start by checking for simple problems like correct power
supply voltages (probably 3.3v, or 5v). If you can get access to a
scope, check to see if any crystals on the board are oscillating.
Check for bad soldering and obviously damaged components. Look for
any surface mount fuses on the board. Even with complex equipment, I
find that 8 out of 10 times it's something simple.
Andy Cuffe