Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] daubman@gmail.com is offline

Default RPTV HV Splitter / Focus Combo Block Replaced...

Greetings,

I just replaced a the failed (shorting) HV Splitter / Focus Combo block
in my LXI RPTV. The original was a Sanyo 220493-3 and I replaced it
with the 4835 310 57402 HV/FOCUS COMBO BLOCK KIT.

After replacement the TV makes a buz (seems to come from the three
tubes, but I'm not sure) that sounds a bit like shorting high-voltage.
On power-up the screen pulses blue and blue/green and eventually the
tubes turn off (the TV remains on). Occasionally I can see arcing in
the base of the tubes.

Any ideas on what could be wrong still - on what to check first?

Thanks,
~Aaron