Posted to alt.home.repair
Italian Mason Italian Mason is offline

Default Crawl Space Size

why on piers?.........to answer your question your building code is
going to dictate all of these concerns. Id just exstend the familyroom
slab and build on this. If you cost it out a concrete slab is MUCH less
exspensive and eaiser.

wrote:
Is there any rule of thumb on size of crawl spaces? I am building a
three season 10'x24' porch on piers off the family room. The
family room has a cement foundation with a concrete floor. How much
room do I need between the floor joists on the porch and the dirt below
them? Do I need a vapor barrier? Does the crawl space need and what
size vents?