Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Portable drill

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 23:10:59 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

snip

Let's see. You are going up on the roof. You need two minutes, tops,
three
minutes of drill time. Which drill do you use?

Let's see. You are going up on the roof. You will need two hours, maybe
four of drill time. Which drill do you use?

Wait. Wait. I know this one.

Steve

Let me guess...None. Over 20 years of home ownership and I never used
a drill on the roof.

Never had to fix any of the tin on the chimney stack, or remount a TV mast,
huh? Small jobs like that are what cordless drills are great for. On the
other hand, if you are replacing all the shutters on the second floor,
working from the porch roof, mebbe that cordless won't have the staying
power to drill out those rusty anchors, or drill 8-per-window new ones in
that 60-year-old mortar. Cordless and corded are both useful tools- the
trick is in knowing when to use which one.

aem sends....