Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf Leuf is offline

Default Patents SawStop & Dr. Gass

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 15:12:57 -0400, Joe Bemier
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 14:34:24 -0400, Leuf
wrote:

http://www.sawstop.com/products-future-products.htm

Thanks Leuf. I wonder how the B/S mechanism functions....is it as
destructive to the equipment as the T/S device?

I would imagine it uses the same principle of firing a pin into the
teeth. Either you're using a fairly inexpensive steel blade, in which
case throw it away, or a carbide tooth in which case I'd imagine you
could cut out the damaged section and reweld it, assuming only one or
two teeth are affected. You could maybe do something with more of a
clamping mechanism in the straight area where the blade is travelling
up from the bottom wheel to the top wheel, but it doesn't look there's
anything special there in that photo.

-Leuf