Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Latching relays with push-button reset

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 04:54:31 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Homer
J Simpson" quickly quoth:

"mm" wrote in message
.. .

Maybe I should have said why. My new home burglar alarm needs an
accessory to know when the house is getting too cold, like when the
furnace fails.

Buy a basic mercury switch thermostat and mount it by a furnace outlet -
there's often one in the furnace room. Set it at the level you want to alert
at. When your friend gets the furnace going, it'll open the thermostat in 10
minutes - and your friend should wait that long.

A heads-up: Mercury thermostats are prohibited in several states now,
no new sales since January 1, 2006 here in Oregon.

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni
---