Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default quesion about poison and flollow-up on gluing rubber

On 5 Sep 2006 19:39:53 -0700, "Bob" wrote:

mm wrote:
How poisonous is RTV silicone sealant (room temperature
vulcanization?)?
(snip)
What's going on?

Is something wrong with black?

Well...... Condom manufacturers make them in a wide variety of
colors, but had to quit making them in black because of toxicity of the
black pigment in the latex.

Hmmmm. This would be proof enough for me except for what I learned on
Thursday.

Maybe they had the same problem with RTV.
Have you tried RTV windshield sealant - it used to come in black.

I think it was 2 days after I posted this, I was in Advance Auto Parts
and they had in black, by Permatex. Also they had make a gasket in
black, also by Permatex. (They used to have it in silver too!, but I
never tried that one.

P&M because this list moves fast.