Posted to alt.home.repair
TakenEvent TakenEvent is offline

Default Lowes window installation experience

wrote in message
oups.com...
TakenEvent wrote:
There is a chance that the subcontractors are not responsible for

hauling
away the old windows. Perhaps Lowe's has someone else who specifically
deals with that sort of thing.

Possible, but my wife asked him about it and he said to just put
everything out in the garbage and they'll take it away. That might be
true (our garbage guys do seem to basically take anything), but it's
not what it says on the web site. I would think he would at least know
if there was someone else from Lowes that was going to come and take
the stuff away.

[...]

I looked it up and you're right. It does explicitly state that they'll take
the old stuff with them. They don't pick up the dump fees, though. Next
time slip the guy $100 and pile all the windows around his truck.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...vFiles/no.html

Replacement Window Installation
doors/windows replacement windows

Installation includes:
- Delivery of new replacement windows within 20 miles (one-way) of store
- Review of job with customer prior to start of installation
- Removal and haul-away of existing windows (sashes) to prepare for
installation
- Installation of new windows with sill angle and header (included with
window) in same size, square opening (108 UI or less) in reasonably good
condition (no rotten wood)
- Removal and replacement of existing interior window trim (new trim
supplied by customer)
- Caulking and insulation as required
- Test to ensure proper operation
- Clean up of the job site and haul-away of material and old window(s)
- Does not include dump fees as may be required locally